Every family, every donation, every year, helps VSCA grow!
Q & A
What is the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund is a yearlong process asking all of its constitutions to financially and prayerfully support VSCA through an annual appeal. It provides essential monetary support to meet the school’s growing need for financial resources that enhance the quality of the education for each and every student.
Why does Valley Stream Christian Academy have an Annual Fund?
To provide an affordable Christian education for children, our school can no longer rely solely on tuition and a variety of fundraisers. It must seek other avenues and resources of funding. It helps offset the difference between tuition income and the actual cost of educating each student.
Who supports the Annual Fund?
Alumni, school parents, church members, businesses, grandparents and other friends of the school are invited to support the Annual Fund.
How will the funds be used?
1) To equip students by providing up-to-date curriculum materials, educational equipment, and technology as they are vital to preparing students for kingdom impact.
2) To support families, as that is where God’s plan for raising children begins. Some families who desire an exemplary Christ-centered education are unable to provide full tuition for their children. Your gifts allow students to receive a Christian education who might not otherwise have that opportunity.
3) To honor teachers. Quality teachers are the lifeblood of great schools. Supporting the Annual Fund helps Valley Stream Christian Academy to better recruit, train, and retain exceptional teachers.
What should I give to the AF?
God has given each one of us gifts, talents and abilities which are to be shared with others.
Stewardship is more than occasional acts of charity and service. It is a way of life, a commitment to giving of our time, talent and financial resources in thanksgiving for all the blessings and gifts we have received. We are continuously challenged to make our financial gifts from substance, not our abundance, in proportion to the gifts we have received.
How can I give?
You can make a gift right now by mailing in a check payable to:
Valley Stream Christian Academy (please write Annual Fund in the memo) 12 East Fairview Avenue, Valley Stream, NY 11580,
Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes! VSCA is a recognized 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization and all gifts made to the school are tax-deductible. Reminder, tuition is not. Gifts can be in the form of a pledge paid over time or by a one time contribution. Contributions can be made through stock transfers or company matching gifts.
Why is it important for every family to participate in the AF?
Every dollar assists your children with a stronger educational program. The goal is for all parents to contribute something to show support and appreciation for our dynamic school.
You are invited to join a gift club:
• Platinum Membership: $5,000 or $500 a month for 10 months
• Gold Membership: $3,000 or $300 a month for 10 months
• Silver Membership: $1,000 or $100 a month for 10 months
What is a typical pledge that a family makes?
Gifts in the $500 to $1,000 range are the most common, but there are some families who give $100 and some who can give $10,000. Any gift is greatly appreciated.
“Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” II Cor. 9. We invite families to prayerfully consider and talk together about what amount they can cheerfully give to our AF.
Whom should I contact with ideas or questions about the Annual Fund?
Director of Development: Breanne Ayala
(516) 561-6122 firstname.lastname@example.org